Ayr Road, Newton Mearns
Reduced level excavation/filling of existing greenbelt site for proposed housing development consisting of 44 units, infrastructure and environmental management.
Scope of Works, Achievements and Constraints
- All works carried out as principle contractor.
- Contractor design to manage environmental plan to ensure compliance with SEPA regulations.
- Testing for suitability of soils for compliance with specification.
- Handling peat off site.
- Blasting existing rock outcrops within built up area.
- Process crushing and using as podium fill
- Construct phase 1&2 roads and drainage as part of the works.
- 15,000m3 topsoil strip
- 60,000m3 cut (rock blasted, process and use as fill)
- 45,000m3 peat removal off site
- Groundwork’s and drainage installation