Core Values and Objectives
RJT Excavations Limited (RJT), formed in 1989 by Robert James Turnbull as an earthworks and general groundwork’s contractor based at Jedburgh in the Scottish Borders, grew from humble beginnings to be rated independently by the New Civil Engineer (2009) as one of the UK’s top 75 Civil Engineering Contractors.
RJT is at the forefront of specialised plant and equipment, bulk earthworks, groundwork’s, stabilisation, remediation, contract crushing and other plant orientated activities. They can also offer a wider range of civil engineering services (roads, drainage, foundations, surfacing, street lighting) while maintaining the “family values” that makes them unique.
RJT carry out contracts varying in value from a few thousand pounds to over £5M. We now provide national coverage from our main yard at Jedburgh and our regional offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Leeds.
Core Values and Objectives:
- Safety – always adopt a safety first approach and zero tolerance of accidents.
- Environment – use our knowledge and expertise to deliver environmental savings and help wherever possible to reduce our carbon foot print.
- Quality – deliver top quality first time.
- Training – train our staff and workforce to develop their skills, abilities and awareness of the contractual and legal requirements of the work we do.
- Teamwork – always have a “can do” attitude and culture that is customer focused, recognizing that our relationships with customers and clients are the cornerstone of our business.
- Technology – use the most efficient systems and equipment available.
- Financial responsibility – fair reward for hard work, commitment, and delivery.
- Integrity- grow our business with openness and honesty with our clients, giving them the benefit our family values.